Oh hey there, dolls!
You didn’t think I was gonna let Summer just cruise by without jumping on the “white” wagon, did you?
This season has been completely mind-blowing. We’ve seen some of the most dramatic looks on the runway since the 70s and 80s. We went from style choices, to trend setters and now to color palettes. The styles on the street are so ever-changing but like I’ve always said, I here for all that and then some. Don’t know if it’s because I started blogging but one thing is for sure, I’m a little more observing of the fashion world. And I must tell you it is one worth loving.
As John Galliano said,
” The Joy of dressing is an ART ”
Bringing my first white ensemble for the season in this fabulous Vince Camuto inspired collection from my local rainbow store. Featuring this horizontal striped pencil skirt and this fabulous bell sleeves (Makes me wanna fly, literally). You can get similar look from Here , Here and Here.
As you can see my minimalistic white look was carefully thought of to differ from the all white monochromatic looks of summer. One of my favorite patterns to wear is stripes. You can never go wrong with any style or colored stripe. They flatter all body types whether it’s vertical or horizontal. Black and white stripes are a compromise between an all white or all black attire. And a perfect way to add a little personality to your closet.
Quite honestly, I’m only laying the grounds for my all white-on-white look which I’ll blog in subsequent posts later down the line.
You’d be surprised to know that whites are a favorite for summer. As a mom of a two-year old, I try to stay far away from whites as much as possible. But you can’t completely do away with it. The last time I wore an all white outfit well, let’s just say don’t wear white when you are around the kids.
Myths on wearing white
1. Light colored clothes such as whites reflect sunlight and keep the body cool while dark-colored clothes like black absorb heat thus making you hot.
Truth: Contrary to popular belief, this practice is actually wrong. In fact, it has been scientifically proven that as your body emits heat, the white/lighter fabric reflects the heat right back at you. Apparently black actually helps you stay cooler by absorbing the heat from your body.
My View: why does that matter? After all, we’re not new to wearing whites in the summer.
2. Don’t wear white after Labor Day. I think I talked about this point of not wearing white after Labor Day last year in one of my posts. You can read it Here.
Truth: This is an ancient rule and holds no value in the 21st century. Different shades of hues are the colors of summer this year. Have fun with it and pay no mind to the old money and new money rule.
My view: If you are like me, I wear white whenever I can. White is a symbolic color that signifies purity and new beginnings. Personally there is rule whatsoever that holds me down. I shop for anything and everything that looks good on me.
Here are 3 reasons why you should absolutely wear white in summer:
1. The Clean Look – Despite the possibility of ruination, whites give the clean subtle feel.
2. Strong Impression – I’m sure you want to look good and leave a strong impression on whomever it may concern. Nothing shows “I know what I want” better than a white look. Bold without being too flamboyant.
3. Never gets Boring – As much as it is a summer color, it’s also a winter, fall and spring color. Meaning you don’t have to close that chapter of looking like a boss all year round. If that don’t sound good, then I don’t know what does.
Now, who is joining the white wagon with me???
P.s Statement Necklace is by Sophia and Kate.
Thank you so much for stopping by and Have a lovely day! 💋💋💋